Macbook Pro 13' (Early 2011) fan problem.
    When I play any game the fan rpm increases to 6200 and the temperature increases to 90-95 degrees. I don't want to hear the fan spinning every time I play a game, that's annoying. I don't think that's normal or is it? I had a pretty awful HP laptop, but I never heard the fan spinning like that. Any help would be really appreciated.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Any game?

Care to give us an example?

Any process that pushes the CPU and/or GPU will cause them to produce more heat and therefore require more cooling, hence the fans. That's perfectly normal.

The noise the fans make is down to whether they are clean, in good working order and the load they are under.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    Any game?

Care to give us an example?

Any process that pushes the CPU and/or GPU will cause them to produce more heat and therefore require more cooling, hence the fans. That's perfectly normal.

The noise the fans make is down to whether they are clean, in good working order and the load they are under.

Football Manager 2013 for example. It's CPU usage is not that high, around 20-25%. Still, the fans rpm increase to 6200 and temp 90-95!

Bumpp

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    You need to wait longer than 10 seconds before bumping a post..... Be patient.

Now to your problem. That does sound like it's a bit much. The fan shouldn't be ramping up that high with only a 20 to 25% increase in CPU. Of course you also have to consider what else is going on at the same time. If nothing else is pushing the CPU upward and it's just the Football Manager game that's active, there may be an accumulation of dust in the exhaust vents of the machine, or even a thermal sensor problem.

Your machine has only one fan which primarily cools the CPU and surrounding heat sink. What I suggest trying first is run the Apple Hardware Test to see if it flags anything. Also, make sure you're using your MBP on a flat surface that supports an air flow beneath it as well as on top.

Specs:
    See Signature
    I suggest tearing it down and cleaning it. [MAC EXPERTS ONLY]

If thats too hard, have someone else do it.
    [Main Laptop/Computer] [April 2006] 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33GHz C2D | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 120GB Intel 320 SSD | Lion 10.7.5

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    You need to wait longer than 10 seconds before bumping a post..... Be patient.

Now to your problem. That does sound like it's a bit much. The fan shouldn't be ramping up that high with only a 20 to 25% increase in CPU. Of course you also have to consider what else is going on at the same time. If nothing else is pushing the CPU upward and it's just the Football Manager game that's active, there may be an accumulation of dust in the exhaust vents of the machine, or even a thermal sensor problem.

Your machine has only one fan which primarily cools the CPU and surrounding heat sink. What I suggest trying first is run the Apple Hardware Test to see if it flags anything. Also, make sure you're using your MBP on a flat surface that supports an air flow beneath it as well as on top.
    I ran AHT, but didn't find any problems.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Well, the next step might be what member "Air" suggested. If you feel comfortable with getting into your MBP you can follow the take apart instructions at iFixit: The free repair manual. Otherwise setup an appointment and take a trip to your local Apple store and let them run some diagnostics. Find out first what they charge.

Thread Information