Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   Macbook Pro 13' (Early 2011) (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/298176-macbook-pro-13-early-2011-a.html)

Som3awy 04-21-2013 08:06 AM

Macbook Pro 13' (Early 2011)
 
I have a problem with the Macbook fan. The fan is running normally at 2000 rpm, but as soon as I open any game, like Football Manager 13 for example, it starts running at 6200 rpm and noise is loud. I've ran Apple Hardware Test, but didn't find any problems. I've searched everywhere on the internet for a fix, but didn't find any. It's really annoying, could someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Som3awy 04-21-2013 08:13 AM

Temperature goes up to 90-95 as well.

pigoo3 04-21-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Som3awy (Post 1511019)
I've searched everywhere on the internet for a fix, but didn't find any. It's really annoying, could someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

There is no fix. Some applications (games) simply push the limits of the hardware (the graphics hardware in this case)...and the computer gets hot.

As you've seen...when you don't play this game everything is fine...and as soon as you play it...then things get hot & the fans gets loud.

- Nick

Som3awy 04-21-2013 09:17 AM

Yea, but my brother has the same laptop as mine and the fan is working fine with no loud noise.

Raz0rEdge 04-21-2013 09:45 AM

Perhaps you want to characterize the noise as either a loud fan noise or something else? If the noise is just the fan running at the high RPMs and creating the noise, as Nick said, that's normal due to the high temps. If there is some other noise related to a failing fan, than that's a different story..

I imagine, however, that if the fan was failing or making a weird sound, it'd make it at the lower 2000 RPM as well..

pigoo3 04-21-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Som3awy (Post 1511032)
Yea, but my brother has the same laptop as mine and the fan is working fine with no loud noise.

Are you saying that your brother has EXACTLY the same model computer...he plays exactly the same game...and his Early 2011 13" MBP does not get hot & his computers fans are not getting to 6000rpm?

If they are not EXACTLY the same model computer...then the comparison does not work.

- Nick

Som3awy 04-21-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge (Post 1511037)
Perhaps you want to characterize the noise as either a loud fan noise or something else? If the noise is just the fan running at the high RPMs and creating the noise, as Nick said, that's normal due to the high temps. If there is some other noise related to a failing fan, than that's a different story..

I imagine, however, that if the fan was failing or making a weird sound, it'd make it at the lower 2000 RPM as well..



Yea, it's the sound of the fan running at high RPMs, but is that normal? The sound is pretty clear. Even my ****** HP laptop didn't do that when I was playing games!

Som3awy 04-21-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigoo3 (Post 1511039)
Are you saying that your brother has EXACTLY the same model computer...he plays exactly the same game...and his Early 2011 13" MBP does not get hot & his computers fans are not getting to 6000rpm?

If they are not EXACTLY the same model computer...then the comparison does not work.

- Nick

Yes, Nick. He has exactly the same model as mine.

Serwan 04-21-2013 01:59 PM

if both of you have the same models with same features, it means your MB might have some problems, go to apples genius bar they will help

chscag 04-21-2013 02:30 PM

What you're telling us does not sound normal if the fan goes into high gear as soon as you open the game. I can understand the fan ramping up as you get into the game and playing it for awhile. Try resetting your SMC and if that doesn't work to tone things down a bit, I would make an appointment with your local Apple store.

Reset SMC


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.