New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Lines on Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AndrewPistachio

AndrewPistachio is on a distinguished road

Hi! I have a late 2006 black MacBook 2,1 and whenever I boot up after a night of it being off, these lines appear on the screen. I can move the display back and forth and they'll move and some go away but I usually have to do that several times, lightly push one corner of the screen back and pull the other corner of the screen forward to get the to go away, sometimes i have to tap on the bezel around the screen and they'll go away, sometimes pushing down on the display will make then go away, and sometimes its just shear luck. Has anyone had this problem, heard of this problem, and more importantly know how to fix this problem? I'll take a couple of pictures when it happens. I know it's not the video card as the screen shots look normal. Thanks in advance for your help!!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 4.38.55 PM.png (624.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 4.39.00 PM.png (518.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130415_164116.jpg (372.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130415_164128.jpg (329.3 KB, 20 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Very likely a loose video cable or connector between the LCD and the logic board or the cable itself may be bad. Go to iFixit: The free repair manual, find your model number, and look at the take apart instructions. Video cables can be ordered from them or from Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
AndrewPistachio

AndrewPistachio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Very likely a loose video cable or connector between the LCD and the logic board or the cable itself may be bad. Go to iFixit: The free repair manual, find your model number, and look at the take apart instructions. Video cables can be ordered from them or from Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad.
Hmm never thought about that..... I will open it up and see if that's the problem. How do I know if it is the cable?

I just finished trying this.... It helped a little thanks! Still not perfect.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cloning dual-boot system to larger hard drive | Startup Disc Full. Mac won't boot. Me going insane. »