Regarding the new iBooks...
    I am going to college next year, and my study's will focus around: Art, Architecture, Math, Design and obviously essay writing.

I have been familiar with Mac for a while now, and I am ready to switch. I have the option to get the 12'' or 14'' iBook and I thought of some questions I need answered first.

1) Apple will eventually release their new iBooks. All of the evidence I have seen has pointed to later in 2006 or even 2007. Would it be adventageous to wait, or go for something that I can purchase now? Either way, I am sure that the current iBooks can perform tasks for the coming years until I would make another upgrade. Can anyone vouch?

2) Which should I get? 12'' or 14'' the size of the screen really doesn't matter to me at all, the only thing that would be a plus is the size of the hard drive and then the small increase in speed.

3) Does anyone currently use their iBooks in tasks that I listed above that I will probably be studying? If so, how do they perform?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Hamilton College
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    1. The intel iBooks will without a doubt be out before school starts, so I would just wait. April/July they will probably be released

2. 12" is a little small for me but it is all personal preference. But just wait because the rumors are saying that there will be a 13.3" widescreen iBook with the intel release so that might be what you like.

3. iBooks are the most common apples on college campuses so I wouldn't be surprised if there are lots of responses saying it is great.
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

You might just want to wait until you are at school to see what software that you'll need before you make a purchase. For example you might need AutoCAD which isn't available for OS X.

Thread Information