Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Apr 10, 2013
    Posts
    2
    My old macbook charger won't charge my macbook!
    I have an older macbook (white). Recently, the charger that came with my computer will not charge my computer. If the charger is plugged into an outlet, then plugged into my macbook, the light won't turn on and the screen will not indicate that it's charging. I assume this is an issue with the charger, as I just got a new battery. Is there anything I can do before resorting to getting a new charger???

  2. #2

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    34,559
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by kw1234 View Post
    I have an older macbook (white). Recently, the charger that came with my computer will not charge my computer. If the charger is plugged into an outlet, then plugged into my macbook, the light won't turn on and the screen will not indicate that it's charging. I assume this is an issue with the charger, as I just got a new battery. Is there anything I can do before resorting to getting a new charger???
    You said that your have an older white MacBook...and I'm presuming you have a newer Apple laptop with the charger you are referring to.

    You didn't exactly say how new the 2nd newer computer is...but if it's a brand new Apple laptop...I hope that you are aware that Apple redesigned the magsafe plug:





    HTH,

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Apr 10, 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mine is the smaller, square version of the two that you posted. Should I just invest in the newer, rectangular type?

    My macbook is not new and not a macbook pro. Just a white, older macbook.

  4. #4

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    34,559
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by kw1234 View Post
    Mine is the smaller, square version of the two that you posted. Should I just invest in the newer, rectangular type?
    You should invest in a charger that is appropriate for your older MacBook.

    Quote Originally Posted by kw1234 View Post
    My macbook is not new and not a macbook pro. Just a white, older macbook.
    Yes it's clear that you have an older MacBook...what isn't clear is how new & what model this 2nd newer Apple laptop is.

    If there isn't a 2nd computer...then I guess I'm confused...due to how I'm reading post #1.

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 4S won't charge via car charger
    By farinco in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
  2. Macbook won't charge... HELP!
    By brett182 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 01:33 AM
  4. Macbook won't charge.
    By aurules16 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 02:22 PM
  5. charger won't charge...
    By snowboarderpunk in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •