New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Which MacBook Pro is faster ? (13" Retina 2.5GHz -HDD or 13" LED 2.9GHz - SDD )

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jingol

Jingol is on a distinguished road

Hi every body

I have decided buy MacBook Pro

I will use MacBook for browse in Internet and sometime Photoshop

Which MacBook is faster when open 10 tab with safari and play music and edit document by office at the same time ?

MD102 or MD212 ?

MacBook Pro : MD102LL
13-inch
2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
750GB 5400-rpm hard drive

OR

MacBook Pro : MD212LL
13-inch with Retina display
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
128GB flash storage

MacBook speed with 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor but hard drive is better or 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with flash storage ?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingol View Post
Which MacBook is faster when open 10 tab with safari and play music and edit document by office at the same time ?
After you open the apps, it is unlikely that you would notice any difference between either one in that particular scenario.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Materialistic

Materialistic is on a distinguished road

The SSD in the Retina Display MBP will let you load up your OS and apps faster but once they are open and running in the background, the difference in speed probably won't be noticeable
QUOTE Thanks
Jingol

Thanks a lot for advise

I had read a review that 13" rMBP took longer to display when several tab and app opened together because with no dedicated GPU and high resolution, processor must push it

It's true?
QUOTE Thanks
seag33k

seag33k is on a distinguished road

I just bought a rMBP 13" and really like it. I have a Lenovo W520 with and i7 and the same amount of ram and the rMBP is so much snappier. I regularly have 6 to 8 tabs open in my browser with Parallels running 1 to 2 virtual machines and have not noticed any delay in the display. I initially thought of getting the older generation MBP but fell in love with the retina display.

My 2 cents
QUOTE Thanks
Jingol

I heard can't upgrade the 13" MBP hdd to a SSD easily ! confirm ?
QUOTE Thanks
Materialistic

Materialistic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingol View Post
I heard can't upgrade the 13" MBP hdd to a SSD easily ! confirm ?
The non-retina MBP's HDD can be upgraded easily which is one of the reasons why I chose it over the retina version.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook air 1.6ghz power issues (component level) | Which configuration should I choose? »