New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

flickering screen on grey shades, early 2011 MB pro 15"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

virmantas

virmantas is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have an idea why some grey shades flicker on my macbook? I've read somewhere that this is some voltage problem and some people managed to get a replacement because of this, could this be possible?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you purchase Apple Care for your 2011 MacBook Pro? If not, it would entirely be up to Apple whether or not they repair or replace your machine for free. Take it on in to an Apple Store and let a genius look at it.
QUOTE Thanks
virmantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Did you purchase Apple Care for your 2011 MacBook Pro? If not, it would entirely be up to Apple whether or not they repair or replace your machine for free. Take it on in to an Apple Store and let a genius look at it.
I did. Please explain why
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by virmantas View Post
I did. Please explain why
A little confused by the response......

I think chscag was trying to say, if you have AppleCare now's the time to take advantage of that.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
virmantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
A little confused by the response......

I think chscag was trying to say, if you have AppleCare now's the time to take advantage of that.
Seems like he wanted to say that if I have AppleCare then customer service MUST replace it, that is why I ask. I really don't want to leave my macbook for a week or so at the service... Also I have dropped it once, it has a slightly bent corner, hopefully this doesn't ruin the warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
alicepattinson

alicepattinson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by virmantas View Post
Does anyone have an idea why some grey shades flicker on my macbook? I've read somewhere that this is some voltage problem and some people managed to get a replacement because of this, could this be possible?

Thanks
It can be replaced if it's still new and on warranty. But if it's a year old, they can fix it but no replacements.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Applecare covers your device for three years.

Depending on the work that needs doing they may repair or replace the device at any time in that period.

There are, as with any warranty, exceptions to the cover. The only difficulty I can see you running into is if they think the damage done directly relates the the issue you're seeing.

But it's all guesswork til you take it for them to look at. They will be able to tell you if it can be fixed, what's involved, if it's covered and how long they'll need it for to affect the repair/replacement.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
virmantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
It can be replaced if it's still new and on warranty. But if it's a year old, they can fix it but no replacements.
are you're sure that it needs to be less than a year old to be replaced?
QUOTE Thanks
virmantas

Quote:
Applecare covers your device for three years.

Depending on the work that needs doing they may repair or replace the device at any time in that period.

There are, as with any warranty, exceptions to the cover. The only difficulty I can see you running into is if they think the damage done directly relates the the issue you're seeing.

But it's all guesswork til you take it for them to look at. They will be able to tell you if it can be fixed, what's involved, if it's covered and how long they'll need it for to affect the repair/replacement.
You see the problem is that I have bought it in London and I live in Lithuania, where they never offer a replacement, it might be worth a trip to UK for me if I am sure I would get replacement, If not, it's not worth it...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

I don't think you can 'expect' a replacement anywhere. But surely the point of having a warranty is to get things repaired if they go wrong?

I don't know what facilities you have in Lithuania but it's surely worth a call to Apple to find out your options?

QUOTE Thanks
virmantas

Quote:
I don't think you can 'expect' a replacement anywhere. But surely the point of having a warranty is to get things repaired if they go wrong?

I don't know what facilities you have in Lithuania but it's surely worth a call to Apple to find out your options?
Sure, I will go and see what they'll say about this, but I think it's best to go straight for a call to UK apple store. As far as I've been told, facilities in Lithuania don't offer replacements and there is NO one-stop service... what a mess...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Run 1.5 GHz Powerbook G4 12" w/out optical drive? | Macbook pro no video »