New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

i5 vs i7 for Logic Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

digiplay

digiplay is on a distinguished road

Hi guys!

Just joined this great Forum and this is my first Post.

Here's what I need a 13" MacBook Pro to do for me.

I will use it at home to record my original songs, and I will use Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2 and Addictive Drums on it.

I will purchase a USB Interface that will have 4 inputs and 4 outputs.

The most I will ever record at one time will be 2 tracks, perhaps 4 (if I record my Kronos in stereo and Addictive Drums in stereo, all at the same time).

What I plan to do is get enough of the song down so I can take it to my Guitar Players Studio, where he has a ProTools HDX System (and Logic Pro 9 as well) and he will add Guitar, a real Bass, backup Vocals, etc.

So my question is, for my needs, will a 2.5 GHz i5 with 8GB and a 500GB Hard Drive work as well as a i7 2.9 GHz with 4GB and a 750GB Hard Drive?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I would go for the i7 8gb of ram or more and however much hard drive space you need.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Air Price question | 4GB RAM Enough for Latest MBA? »