New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MBPr fan goes crazy when I wake it up from sleep

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macintosh3

macintosh3 is on a distinguished road

I have a MBP retina almost a month old.

I have not used it too much and have not downloaded much of anything (couple of ad blockers) and have been keeping my web browsing safe and clean.

When not in use, I close the lid and put it to sleep. about 3 days ago, everytime I wake it up (open it) the fan starts after about 5 seconds and runs hard. like as fast as it can possibly go for about 2-3 minutes before shutting off. never runs hard or anything except during this time.

Im assuming that maybe the laptop is trying to cool itself from the startup ?

I just found this to be a little odd because its never done this before, and waking it up shouldn't be taxing at all.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

That is not normal... next time, when you open/wake it, open activity monitor to find out what is running at the top of the CPU Usage list. That will help solve your problem immensely.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2012 MBP Strange Noise | iBook Clamshell Mod / Rebuild »