New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

PowerBook - Is this powerbook a good buy?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pixelpeeper

I have a chance to buy a 3 year old 15" powerbook g4, 867, 512, combo, 40 gig for 800.00. Said was throwing in extras. Also I am looking for a notebook that can handle photoshop. I know it could probably use a ram upgrade to be better. This notebook is in good condition, and supposedly has 7 months of apple care left on it. Is this a good deal considering that I can get a 12" refurb for 1099.00?
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

If this is the Titanium it is not a good buy. My Dad had a titanium for 3 years (2002-2005) and it wasn't doing so well by the time he bought a new model.

If the 12" is the Aluminum model go for it, your saving 400 dollars.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Seems a little pricey to me. I would just save up the extra cash for the refurbed 12" myself.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
chrisb2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpeeper
I have a chance to buy a 3 year old 15" powerbook g4, 867, 512, combo, 40 gig for 800.00. Said was throwing in extras. Also I am looking for a notebook that can handle photoshop. I know it could probably use a ram upgrade to be better. This notebook is in good condition, and supposedly has 7 months of apple care left on it. Is this a good deal considering that I can get a 12" refurb for 1099.00?

I know ive said this b4 on this forum but i got a 15 powerbook aluminum, 1 ghz, 256ram (need to upgrade it but doesnt cost that much), 60 gb hdd, combo drive, airport extreme, in great condition, and with applecare thru aug 2007 for $750. I'd keep looking...
QUOTE Thanks
pixelpeeper

Thanks to all for the advice. I just bought a newer powerbook 15" 1.5 ghz, 80, super! I knew the people it came from. The wife tried using it for a couple of months and din't like mac, so I got a very ike new machine reasonably! Man am I excited! This dude rocks!
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2999
I know ive said this b4 on this forum but i got a 15 powerbook aluminum, 1 ghz, 256ram (need to upgrade it but doesnt cost that much), 60 gb hdd, combo drive, airport extreme, in great condition, and with applecare thru aug 2007 for $750. I'd keep looking...
We know you got an incredible deal and all, but seriously, that was a once in a lifetime deal.

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook Airport Reception | Just bought ibook 12inch »