Macbook 2nd HDD always need repair
    Hi there!

I've got a 2010mid Macbook Pro 13". I bought a 2nd optibay to mount 2 HDD's in. its working wonderfully. but sometimes, i can't explain why, the drive in the optibay, is slowing down, laptop can't shut down, and after forced shutown/ reboot, the hard drive doesn't appear. It's always need to be repaired via the Disk utility.

I thought that it was the HDD in the optibay, so i bought a new one, but its the same with it.
    I installed new OS (Snow Leopard), but nothing happened. It usually happens, when im working with big files with Photoshop.

Is anybody have an idea why is it always happening? It would be great, its a really annoying problem!

Thanks for any answer!

The Republic of Neptune
    Hard to say. Swapping the drive would seemingly eliminate that as the culprit. Perhaps you have a bad cable or it's poorly seated. I would call OptiBay's customer service and see what they have to say about it. You may want to try running the Apple Hardware Test to see if your Mac has a problem.
    The Apple Hardware Test

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thanks for the reply. AHT said : This machine is not supported by AHT. I've changed the RAM & SSD, maybbe thats why? Still have this problem :/

Thread Information