New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Inability to load printer driver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alfaro239

I downloaded the correct printer driver for my printer but when I try to install it it looks for the printer on the network and it can't find it, thus can't install it. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Can you give us a little more information so we can help you?

1. What brand of printer is it?

2. Does it have built in networking or does it use an external print server.

Answering these questions can give us a better understanding of the current situation.

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
alfaro239

[QUOTE=macEfan]Can you give us a little more information so we can help you?

The Printer is an HP Photosmart 7350. I don't understand your second question but I know that the printer is Connected to our host computer in our home and our other windows networked computers can print to it. I had originally tried to go to the mac setup and setup windows printing but it didn't have our type of HP printer to choose so I downloaded the Printer Driver. The Printer Driver is now not downloading. The setup wizard gives you two choices. One is to to direct connect through USB which isn't possible since its networked. The second is TCP/IP (Network) and it scans and cannot find anything So I cannot go to the next step for installation.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Confused-- Used almost half my hard drive in 5 days | hard drive not being recognized w/PB 1.67ghz...please help »