Larry2210
    1ghz g4 ibook vs 1ghz g4 pb
    I am considering switching (actually I have decided to do so) and need to decide between the following:

1 ghz g4 ibook 14 inch
    640 ram
    60 gig hd
    extreme airport card and base
    combo drive
    protection plan

vs

1 ghz g4 pb 15.2 inch
    512 ram
    60 gig hd
    combo drive
    protection plan

We will mostly be doing, web browsing, e-mail, digital photos, music, and the such. Please let me know what you think. I am leaning towards the ibook as it is $500 - $600 cheaper and I hear it has better battery life.

Thanks

Larry

Wapa18
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry2210
    I am considering switching (actually I have decided to do so) and need to decide between the following:

1 ghz g4 ibook 14 inch
    640 ram
    60 gig hd
    combo drive
    protection plan

vs

1 ghz g4 pb 15.2 inch
    512 ram
    60 gig hd
    combo drive
    protection plan

We will mostly be doing, web browsing, e-mail, digital photos, music, and the such. Please let me know what you think. I am leaning towards the ibook as it is $500 - $600 cheaper and I hear it has better battery life.

Thanks

Larry

for what you are planning to do with it, i would say you don't need the powerbook. the only real difference with speed has to do with the different buses, and i don't think you'll notice too much of a lag in speed. in my opinion, it makes more sense for you to go with the ibook. you'll have plenty of power, and i don't think you'll be disappointed in the least. if you haven't already thought about it, i would consider getting the extra RAM from a third party source. Apple charges an arm and a leg for upgraded RAM. i hope this helps you, and i know you'll enjoy whichever machine you choose to get.

Thread Information