New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

1ghz g4 ibook vs 1ghz g4 pb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Larry2210

I am considering switching (actually I have decided to do so) and need to decide between the following:

1 ghz g4 ibook 14 inch
640 ram
60 gig hd
extreme airport card and base
combo drive
protection plan

vs

1 ghz g4 pb 15.2 inch
512 ram
60 gig hd
combo drive
protection plan

We will mostly be doing, web browsing, e-mail, digital photos, music, and the such. Please let me know what you think. I am leaning towards the ibook as it is $500 - $600 cheaper and I hear it has better battery life.

Thanks

Larry
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2210
I am considering switching (actually I have decided to do so) and need to decide between the following:

1 ghz g4 ibook 14 inch
640 ram
60 gig hd
combo drive
protection plan

vs

1 ghz g4 pb 15.2 inch
512 ram
60 gig hd
combo drive
protection plan

We will mostly be doing, web browsing, e-mail, digital photos, music, and the such. Please let me know what you think. I am leaning towards the ibook as it is $500 - $600 cheaper and I hear it has better battery life.

Thanks

Larry

for what you are planning to do with it, i would say you don't need the powerbook. the only real difference with speed has to do with the different buses, and i don't think you'll notice too much of a lag in speed. in my opinion, it makes more sense for you to go with the ibook. you'll have plenty of power, and i don't think you'll be disappointed in the least. if you haven't already thought about it, i would consider getting the extra RAM from a third party source. Apple charges an arm and a leg for upgraded RAM. i hope this helps you, and i know you'll enjoy whichever machine you choose to get.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook G3 | Performance of FCP4 in ibook G4 »