New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Late 2011 MBP with mountain lion, dock problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yodachoda

yodachoda is on a distinguished road

Hey. I have my dock set to always show on the bottom (i.e. "automatically hide and show the dock" is NOT selected). Yet my dock still behaves as if I have that option checked. It will only show up if I move the cursor to the bottom. I don't recall having this problem before installing mountain lion.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Let's do a NVRAM reset and see if that cures the wayward dock. If not, it might be a corrupted plist file that needs to be deleted.
QUOTE Thanks
yodachoda

yodachoda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Let's do a NVRAM reset and see if that cures the wayward dock. If not, it might be a corrupted plist file that needs to be deleted.
Will do that now, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Guitar John

Guitar John is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB

Quote:
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
Kind of like the old game of Twister, only on the keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Date Changed on MBA Overnight | 2011 mbp mini display port to HDMI audio issue. »