New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Backlit keyboard on 15" 1GHz?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ViewSonic

I know that the 1.25 GHz model comes with the backlit keyboard, but can you it as an option on the 1GHz combo drive model?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Keyboard (with Backlit option):
The 15-inch PowerBook G4 with 1GHz PowerPC G4 processor includes a standard PowerBook keyboard. New with this model is the option to upgrade to a backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor and laser-etched keys. A light sensor automatically activates the backlit keyboard and adjusts the screen's brightness based on the available ambient light. In low light, for example, the PowerBook G4 automatically lowers its display brightness and turns on the backlit keyboard so you can continue to work, unaffected by the change in ambient light.

Optional languages:
When you purchase a PowerBook G4, you will receive an operating system and keyboard that match your country's official language in which you purchased it. You can also choose an operating system and keyboard that displays information in a different language, if available in your country.

If you specify a different language, you will also receive supporting software manuals, and other print materials appropriate for the chosen language.

Note: Your computer always comes equipped with cables, manuals, and other items appropriate for the country in which you purchased it.
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

i think what viewsonic is looking for is a yes or no. and the answer is definitaly a yes. However,, you can only get the option installed from the factory. i once walked into a mac store wanting a backlit keyboard w/ a combo drive and they looked at me funny. until i showed them $2600 in cash. then they were very pleased to help me with all of my questions and such. hope that answers your question.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

I would like to get a backlit keyboard as well for my PB, and your telling me I have to go into the store with $2600 in cash to get them to help me? I guess I'll just forget about that idea :p
I have a 15in G4 PB Ti, I got it a month or 2 before the new ones came out. So I have the same question as the first guy.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

well you can get the backlit keyboard installed from the mac factory. i think if you call the help line or some crap they'll do it for you. but it would be alot easier if you bought your pb w/ it installed. and if you wanted to get the combo w/ baclite you'll have to purchase it online.
QUOTE Thanks
wiggin1605

hey you cant get a back lit key board for the ti pb seeing as on the Ti you have a key board that you can pop out to put more ram in on it. the back lit key board is always in there you cant remove it. Sry but youll have to get a new pb if you want that sweet *** back lit key board.
QUOTE Thanks
StealthMode

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanx Too bad it wouldn't work though.

Stealth -
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Performance of FCP4 in ibook G4 | PB Latch »