New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jlm

Sigh, as per many other posts, I spilled something on my keyboard. In this case it was soup.

I am also an extra idiot, because instead of turning it off right away, I left it on while I cleaned it (there wasn't much).

I am hoping I just hit a bad combination of keys, because now, when I try to type on it, it hits multiple keys, in a set pattern:

If I hit t, it enters 5tgb. If I hit 5, g, or b, the same thing happens.
3edc, 4rfv, and similar combinations. I hesitated to do so, but shut off the computer to see if unplugging then plugging in the keyboard as well as turning it off might do the trick. No such luck, and now I can't put in my password (it doesn't let you delete characters in the order I would need to).

Is there a key combination that can fix this?!
QUOTE Thanks
jlm

Update:

Just tried it, and only two letters are entered with each keystroke. I can't tell in what combination, because it's encrypted for the password, but hopefully it's working itself out...
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i would try to remove the keyboard and see if there is anything making the keys stick together and then try to clean it out using rubbing alcohol. let it dry thoroughly before re-installing the keyboard.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« House keeping | Apple "blinds"??? »