New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Burning an audio CD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lotsofmacusing

is there any way of burning an audio CD that will play on a CD player other then using itunes?
:headphone
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Use another application like Toast to burn the CD.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
lotsofmacusing

It Looks like a good program alright but im not willing to fork out 70 dollars for it, any thing free?
QUOTE Thanks
misslady

im looking for somethin free or a bit cheaper as well..
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Whats wrong with iTunes? You aren't going to find something better than iTunes that doesn't cost anything

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

makwanad will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb

Unless you are into your bittorrents...

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Like trpnmonkey41 said, what is wrong with iTunes? It does what you wish perfectally. If you do wish something else to burn Audio or Data CD's, you could try Mac Burn. It's $29.99. It's a great basic burning program. Does all but copy or burn Video DVD's. Makes Data DVD's though. I own it but for music always use iTunes.
Roxio Toast 7 is in a class by itself, but Mac Burn will do the job.

http://www.macxware.com/candypress/S...p?idproduct=29
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

I only got toast 7 yesterday actually, I was wondering wether you could burn disk images on it (e.g. .img, .dmg, .iso exstensions)

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Yes you can.

Saving Disc Images
Instead of recording a project to disc, you can save it as an image file. An image file is a single file, saved on your hard disk, which contains all the data and formatting information needed to create a CD or DVD. Image files contain all source data (as opposed to saved Toast projects which contain only references to the data).
You may also want to use an image file to avoid having to use a blank disc. Mounted image files appear and behave like an actual disc in your computer. For example, you can create a disc image for a DVD-Video project and preview the output using the DVD player in your Mac without having to burn it to disc. If you are satisfied with the results, you can then burn this image file to a disc. If not, you can simply delete the file and start again, and you have avoided using any blank media.
Disc images have an added benefit of being faster to access than a disc in your drive and may offer longer battery life for notebook users. See Mounting Disc Images.
You can create disc images from any Toast disc type.
To save a project as an image file:
1 Set up your disc project as you normally would.
2 Choose File > Save As Disc Image.
3 Type a file name and select a location to save to.
By default, Toast creates Mac disc image files, which are compatible with the Toast image mounter and the Disc Utility program included in Mac OS X (except for audio CD images). You can also use Toast to create cross-platform (Mac & PC) disc image files by choosing File > Save As BIN/CUE.
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

Wow actually burn it to my mac? That is incredible, reason I needed to know is this is because I use a lot of audio/midi/music editing such as logic, cubase etc, I recently got Reason and it said I needed the orkester sound bank on a disc I got the soundbank mage but was having problems when it coming to putting it on disk, I used my standard combo drive burner but this did nothing and made me waste cd's.

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by makwanad
Unless you are into your bittorrents...
Then convert the files to wav's

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
makwanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Then convert the files to wav's
Not really a hard task.

Back with the mac!
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

isn't there such a thing as toast lite that is free?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Only Toast lite I have seen is bundled with new external CD or DVD Burners. My LaCie 52x External Firewire drive came with Toast Lite.
QUOTE Thanks
Kyomii

Kyomii will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4

I use NTI Dragon Burn which I got on offer for $10 (about 6.50 GBP) - I have had it for almost two years and it works flawlessly.

There is a FREE TRIAL of the program here which has unlimited days use/10 uses. The retail cost is $40 to download but it is worth every penny.

Full information on what Dragon Burn Supports is HERE.

Fondest regards, Kyomii

My Snapshots
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sweat Marks | iBook and Firewire »