Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   New laptop Sommer 2006 (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/28651-new-laptop-sommer-2006-a.html)

Bluerock 01-08-2006 10:40 AM

New laptop Sommer 2006

Hi guys,

I will buy a Laptop this sommer. Im a little bit undetermined because of the new Powerbooks and maybe iBooks with the intel CPUs. I never had a mac so I dont know much about a mac and the hardware in a Powerbook. My question, is it better to buy a old Powerbook (12") (will be cheaper or not?) or buy a new one with the intel Dual-Core-Cpu? My money limit is 1500 Euro.

Bluerock

macAttack 01-08-2006 11:51 AM

wait till tuesday to decide, and see what comes out!

technologist 01-08-2006 02:46 PM

Better yet, wait until Summer 2006 to decide. No matter what happens Tuesday, nything could happen in five months.

Biturbo V12 AMG 01-09-2006 01:33 AM

I wish we all got paid a $1 everytime someone posted something about new powerbooks. then we would all be rich and able to buy the new powerbooks when they come out.

inflexion 01-09-2006 03:20 AM

Its this simple. If you need one now buy one now, if not then buy one when you need to no one knows when new machines are going to be released and the sad fact of life is that your machine wont be the latest model forever

Bluerock 01-11-2006 03:30 PM

Sorry, I was a little bit stupid to ask now about sommer 2006. I read the news about the MacBook Pro and I think I will buy my ibook ,or whatever the name will be, when the Laptop get a CPU with AMD64. Is not that I need 64-Bit but why should I buy a 32-Bit CPU?

We will see us Sommer :). Dont be afraid :D

baggss 01-11-2006 03:44 PM

Apple currently has no plans to use AMD processors in their products. Their current contract is with Intel only. That could change eventually though.

Pierre 01-11-2006 05:13 PM

Okay. Macs will eventually get 64 bit in the laptops (merom).

That will be a while from now.

No sign of AMD, especially since intel is finally catching up with AMD

jram 01-11-2006 05:44 PM

I wouldn't say Intel is catching up, I would guess the reason Mac went with Intel is because Intel has a plan.. AMD just waits and then beats Intel.

Arichards 01-11-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inflexion
Its this simple. If you need one now buy one now, if not then buy one when you need to no one knows when new machines are going to be released and the sad fact of life is that your machine wont be the latest model forever

I prefer to buy when the product will last the longest... For example, the technology incorporated in the macbook is very up-to-date. Therefore, I am very encouraged to buy one because it will last me a good long time. If there is another huge leap within a year, then yes I probably would upgrade... if not then I would stick with what I have.

Bluerock 01-13-2006 05:20 PM

i didn't mean an AMD CPU. I meant a CPU with AMD64. So the new Intel with EMT64 (AMD64).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jram
I wouldn't say Intel is catching up, I would guess the reason Mac went with Intel is because Intel has a plan.. AMD just waits and then beats Intel.

They choose Intel because of one big reason: Apple dont wanna have problems to get enough CPU and so on. Intel have enough fabs and AMD not. AMD have just one 200 mm and one 300mm.