New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Dual Screens

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jy106

Hi,i recently attached a vga monitor to my ibook g4. I opened the display prefrences and the "arrangement" tab was there however i couldnt drag the windows. I restarted the ibook and re-opened the prefrences and the "arrangement" tab was no longer there, I want to extend the desktop onto the other monitor, is this possible?
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy106
Hi,i recently attached a vga monitor to my ibook g4. I opened the display prefrences and the "arrangement" tab was there however i couldnt drag the windows. I restarted the ibook and re-opened the prefrences and the "arrangement" tab was no longer there, I want to extend the desktop onto the other monitor, is this possible?
The iBook only natively supports mirrored displays meaning the same thing is on both displays. There is however a software hack that will enable screen 'spanning.' Perhaps someone else in the forums can tell you the name of the hack or more specific info.

good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Pierre

Pierre will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive

Quote:

Check out the screen spanning dcotor

Macbook: 2ghz Core Duo, 2gb Ram

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
whyatt

I've used that for a cople of months now and it works great for me on my second moniter and TV.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

use the search feature:

Can I use a dual monitor setup on new iBook?

Ibook with external 20" screen?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New HD in Powerbook G3 | Making a case »