New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help! Which is the Best choice laptop?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EHUnlucky7x9

EHUnlucky7x9 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.66 Mac Pro, 2.0 CD Blackbook, 2.16 C2D iMac, 1.83 C2D iMac, 800 G4 iMac

edited
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I would say laptop 2, hopefully somebody with a better knowledge of G3 and G4 can tell you more.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I would look at your thread from just last week for your answer on this.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Take the ram out of the PB, put in iBook, keep the iBook. It would cost too much to fix all the stuff wrong with the PB and you don't want to use a computer that is basically falling apart. Based on how much those tiBooks usually sell for, I bet you could sell it for a decent amount even though it is pretty much only good for parts.
QUOTE Thanks
EHUnlucky7x9

EHUnlucky7x9 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.66 Mac Pro, 2.0 CD Blackbook, 2.16 C2D iMac, 1.83 C2D iMac, 800 G4 iMac

Ah i see, well in my other thread people said the powerbook runs faster and i just had the LCD replaced so that's why its perfect. I took the powerbook and had it run on battery... and i walked around the house with it and the screen never flickered... it only happens sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
thoughtCoat

Sell them both and buy a refurbished or new iBook G4.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using Bluetooth & Mobile Phone to connect to the internet | Powerbook DVI to TV Help »