New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Appleworks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

millsy05

millsy05 is on a distinguished road

Im getting a 12-inch powerbook for school, graphics and video editing. The only issue is that my brothers 14-inch ibook comes with Appleworks but the powerbook doesnt(from what i can read on the apple site). i need it for school and if this is true does that mean i have to buy it seperatly. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

yes you will have to buy it separately, or buy iWork as it will come with a 30 day trial of it

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Hang on a few days as iWork may get an update next week.

However iWork is definitely showing promise and already has an excellent WP/Page Layout app in the form of Pages and a PowerPoint beater in the form of Keynote. Hopefully at next week's Mac Expo we will see a spreadsheet application bundled with iWork 2006.

It is MS Office compatible and can load/save MS Word/PowerPoint files with ease.

AppleWorks isn't bad, but it is now discontinued and for the money you are better off spending it on iWork. I too have a 12" PowerBook and iWork performs superbly on it, plus it integrates very well with the iLife apps.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
millsy05

millsy05 is on a distinguished road

yeh thanks
iWork is also cheaper then Appleworks.
Hay lil what is the 12-inch powerbook like. what do you like about it and have you had any problems
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

the 12" powerbook is awesome had mine for a good 9 months now and no problems what so ever. the only problems that ive had with using it is myself at times

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
lil

To concur with Inflexion there, the PowerBook 12" is fantasic, can't imagine being without it now!

I tell you, when this thing is hooked up to a big screen, keyboard and mouse, it does not feel like I am using a small ultraportable laptop, it feels like I am using a super dependable desktop Mac.

A great system and one that I would not ever see the back of, this PowerBook is going to be with me for some years yet!

You can read my review at:

http://www.lilserenity.com/code/disp...t=5&nepr=1&wob

It points out the good, bad and so forth, I tried to keep the review balanced!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
harris2

harris2 is on a distinguished road

As student, you can purchase Appleworks at the academic price. Makes it much cheaper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with my PBG4 | Apple Care - do you recommend it? »