New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I'm thinking about getting an iBook 1GHz G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibookg4computer

Hey all,

I was thinking about getting a 1GHz G4 iBook with 384 MB SDRAM (I would get 640MB but its too expensive at the moment), Combo drive, and an Apple optical mouse. Good choice?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

excellent computer but you should get your ram separately since it is much cheaper.

check out

welovemacs.com
memoryx.net

for memory and you will see its much cheaper
QUOTE Thanks
ibookg4computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
excellent computer but you should get your ram separately since it is much cheaper.

check out

welovemacs.com
memoryx.net

for memory and you will see its much cheaper
Do you think that this machine will run OSX Panther quite smoothly?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

you should be fine. my cousin just got that machine but hasnt upgraded past 256 ram yet and hes good so far.

i run panther with my mac which you can see <--- and it runs panther fine
QUOTE Thanks
lsuperguy

I too am planning on getting an iBook too. I was thinking about getting the 933 mhz model...should I just go for it and get the 1ghz model? Also I am planning on getting an ipod too (going for the major switcher of the year award!) .

Thanks for the tip on where to get more RAM for cheaper...

Also, Jaguar doesn't have any problems or anything like that I should know about does it?

Thanks all.

EDIT:
Also, the iBooks don't come with ANY wireless out of the box right? the only way to add wireless is to get that airport extreme card for 802.11g right? Just trying to make sure, becuase it wasn't quite clear to me from what I've read.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

there is nothing wrong with jaguar. panther just has some very ncie features in it. When you say that you were thinking of getting the 933 thats the G3 you are talking about right? The jump from the G3 to the G4 is worth the extra cash.

When i got my powerbook I was going to get a 933 G3 ibook but all of the people i talked to said that the 867 g4 is better
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ibook battery meter not working, Always 99% and calculation remaining | help, lombard will not start up »