C. Tech
    Fire Vaulting and Retrospect Express
    I just purchased a Maxtor One Touch II external hard drive and am looking to set up a bootable copy of my computer in case of a crash.

The program provided to do so, Retrospect Express, is not openning on my computer. The icon bounces twice in the dock and then disappears. The insturctuions also say to turn of "FireVaulting." Could someone explain what this is and where I can go in my computer to turn it off? Also, any ideas on why Retrospect is not running?

Thank you.

27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    FileVault is what you are looking for. It's under Security in the Prefs pane.

Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    To turn off Filevault, go to System preferences->Security and hit the 'turn off Filevault' button.

It could also be that the included version of Retrospect express doesn't support Tiger (yet). You may need an upgrade (quote from - makers of retrospect).

EMC Dantz has provided a free update to Retrospect 6.0 for Macintosh customers that supports Apple's Mac OS X Tiger operating system.

Retrospect 6.1 for Macintosh adds full support for Mac OS X Tiger and is available as a free update for Retrospect 6.0 customers. This 6.1 version resolves the issues listed in this document. This update is available from

Retrospect 6.0.204 and Mac OS X Tiger (Fixed in 6.1)

C. Tech
    Thank you!

Retrospect now opens, but I am unable to find the License code needed to register the product? Has anyone had experince with this? Where can I find the code?

Thread Information