New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

minimum resolution on a mbp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tomreteng

tomreteng is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMaci3, Macbook Pro, iPad Air

Should I be able to get 640 X 480 on my new macbook pro as the specs tell me I can? If I can't is there a way to force it or new drivers for the intel 4000 to get that? As it stands the lowest option available is 800 X 600.

thank you

macbook pro
13/inch mid 2012
2.5 GHz intel core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
Mac OS Lion 10.7.4
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Are you visually impaired? I ask because even at 800 x 600 when everything is large, if you still need it larger, then perhaps you should look at using the "accessibility" options as provided in System Preferences.

To answer your question above, you can not go any lower in resolution than the 800 x 600 provided. You might also consider buying a large external monitor and using it with your new MBP.

By the way, anytime you vary the resolution from the native resolution of your MBP display, you're introducing distortion, so keep that in mind.
QUOTE Thanks
tomreteng

tomreteng is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMaci3, Macbook Pro, iPad Air

Thank you for the response. My problem is that I am trying to output to an old tv and the tv only accepts 640 X 480. The Sewell 23000 (pc to tv) I bought will output that resolution but only when it receives the same res.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Key on my keyboard not working (2006 MacBook) | Macbook Pro »