New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Key on my keyboard not working (2006 MacBook)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

syed2007

syed2007 is on a distinguished road

Model Number: a1150
2006 MacBook Pro

Ok I bought a MacBook with a broken hard drive disassembled it and replaced it with an SSD I had around. Installed Snow Leopard and everything is fine except the C button wasn't working. So I pulled out the button and the little plastic suction thing falls off with it, and even hitting it from the inside doesn't work. I'm hoping that plastic piece wasn't supposed to work by putting air pressure on it or something. Any idea how I can get that to work. I'm using an external keyboard right now. Btw this is my first MacBook...

Any help would be appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
syed2007

syed2007 is on a distinguished road

Any good key remaping app? I tried two but they didn't have options to change a key to c. Im using a virtual keyboard for now. Also I just lost my m key. I am sure the two keys are completely gone so im thinking that I should replace the entire keyboard I saw a guide on ifixit but I found the part for cheaper on ebay.
New "genuine" apparently and from china.
Genuine US Layout Keyboard APPLE Macbook Pro 15" A1150 A1211 A1226 A1260 Laptop | eBay
or
used with 6 mounth warrenty
MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1150) Keyboard (922-7183) - iFixit
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hard Drive Cable? | minimum resolution on a mbp »