New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacbookPro Power Conversion help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the_stormborn

the_stormborn is on a distinguished road

Hey all.

I'm currently a US student who will be traveling to the UK next year for school and I am completely and utterly lost when it comes to how I should solve the problem of making my computer adaptable to UK/European outlets.

I have the MagSafe power adapter as well as the extension cord. I originally found the Apple World Traveler Adapter Kit, but honestly I prefer using the extension cord since the regular power adapters are notorious for being inconveniently short.

So my question is: Will the adapter and extension cord I have now work with just a regular outlet adapter? Or am I better off buying an extension cord that's UK-specific?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Krabbtumme

Krabbtumme is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13", mid 2012.

The Magsafe adapter for the Macbook converts the power itself. All you need to get is a set like this one: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit - Apple Store (UK).

Though I think you should be able to get the longer cord, that plugs into the wall and then your adapter, in a normal Mac Store. They have them in Sweden, where I live, at least.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« my macbook pro | 15" macbook pro vs 15" retina display graphic design »