Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2012
    Posts
    11
    mac book pro screen
    so i have a mac book bro that's about 5 months old. i was watching a film when i notice some greyish marks on the screen. they don't wipe of so it has to be something with the screen it's self.has anybody come across this issue and how was it resolved ?

    I've attached a picture

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    48,800
    Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Your picture didn't make it, however, if your MBP is only five months old, take it on in for Apple to look at. Your machine is still under warranty.

  3. #3

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    35,088
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by annie90 View Post
    so i have a mac book bro that's about 5 months old. i was watching a film when i notice some greyish marks on the screen. they don't wipe of so it has to be something with the screen it's self.has anybody come across this issue and how was it resolved ?

    I've attached a picture

    Thanks in advance
    Hey "annie90"...this isn't the same MacBook Pro that you posted about back in March with motherboard corrosion/water damage is it??:

    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...corrosion.html

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  4. #4

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    48,800
    Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Good catch Nick. I just re-read that entire thread. The gray marks on the screen may be associated with the water damage and corrosion reported in the first thread.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Your picture didn't make it, however, if your MBP is only five months old, take it on in for Apple to look at. Your machine is still under warranty.
    heres the picture sorry
    im in ireland and there no mac store so thats outta the question
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Hey "annie90"...this isn't the same MacBook Pro that you posted about back in March with motherboard corrosion/water damage is it??:

    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...corrosion.html

    - Nick
    hey nick
    no its not the same computer i went through the house insurance and had that replaced. this is a new problem thats come out of the blue. i was watching a film when i noticed it but it wasn't there the pervious day when using it to watch another film

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,806
    Those marks look linear to me,,,as if pressure has been applied onto the lid when the book was closed or something has been left inside before closing. A similar thing happened to an iBook G4 of mine when I was cramming too much into my laptop bag.

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pendlewitch View Post
    Those marks look linear to me,,,as if pressure has been applied onto the lid when the book was closed or something has been left inside before closing. A similar thing happened to an iBook G4 of mine when I was cramming too much into my laptop bag.
    thanks for the reply. cant imagine any pressure being every put on it. I'm either using it or its stored on a desk and there is a speck case on it for protection. what happened with getting it repaired? was it covered? as it only 5 months old and i have apple care

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by annie90 View Post
    thanks for the reply. cant imagine any pressure being every put on it. I'm either using it or its stored on a desk and there is a speck case on it for protection. what happened with getting it repaired? was it covered? as it only 5 months old and i have apple care
    I'd go down the Apple Care route for now and see what they say. They may, or may not, agree to replace the screen or entire unit depending on how they view it the problem and how it may have arisen. This I would imagine requires having it shipped for inspection by a registered Apple Care repair specialist so be prepared to be without it for a while.

  10. #10


    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2012
    Posts
    11
    I can't under stand how it could be anything that I've done. It was working fine no marks watching a film on day., I left it down on my desk and then the next day I went to watch another film and noticed it. It's never been out of my house as I only bring it out for college and with being off for the summer I avnt needed to so it's never been in a position where pressure has been on it while in a bag. It has a speck hard case on In and when not in use it's stored in a protective sleeve

  11. #11


    Member Since
    Sep 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by annie90 View Post
    I can't under stand how it could be anything that I've done. It was working fine no marks watching a film on day., I left it down on my desk and then the next day I went to watch another film and noticed it. It's never been out of my house as I only bring it out for college and with being off for the summer I avnt needed to so it's never been in a position where pressure has been on it while in a bag. It has a speck hard case on In and when not in use it's stored in a protective sleeve
    The best you can do is explain all this to Apple Care and see what happens I think.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Screen on Mac Book Pro.
    By WindingRoad in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM
  2. My Mac book pro screen goes crazy
    By suneel in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
  3. Mac Book Pro screen weirdness
    By crosemond in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
  4. MAc Book Pro( Keep Getting black screen )
    By factory4l in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 05:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •