New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MBP 2012 13" i5 with ssd or i7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PapaVBnMomo

PapaVBnMomo is on a distinguished road

I've made my decision to go with the MBP 13" i7, but after a lot of reading a lot of people are recommending just to get the base model but with ssd, and I can also upgrade the RAM to 16gb. If I get the i7, I plan on upgrading to ssd but it would be at least 1 year before I plan on upgrading. My budget is 1500, so what do guys think, MBP 13" i5 +ssd+16 RAM or MBP 13" i7.

Main uses would be school work, some picture and video editing with PS and FCP and some graphic design. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaVBnMomo

Thx for the input, unfortunately I live in a state with sales tax...so upgrading the i7 is out of the question...but I was more worried about the ssd than the RAM. The reviews I was reading said that the i7 is only 10-15% faster than the i5 was some of it is because the i7 config has 8gb RAM. But I know in 2 years the i7 would be underpowered much less the i5.... I'm probably sticking with the i7
QUOTE Thanks
PapaVBnMomo

Can a friend do that? Buy it in their state but have it shipped directly to me...or do they get it then ship it to me ( which I have to pay for additional shipping fee)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Usb3 | New hard drive »