New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Will the newest version of MacBook Pro run Skyrim?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JimiJazz

JimiJazz is on a distinguished road

Will the newest, 15.4" MacBook Pro run Skyrim and other more modern games well (without too much trouble)?

Specs:

2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor
8 GB DDR3 RAM
750 GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB graphics
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Compare the specs for the game to the specs for the computer. That is easy enough by hitting the games' sites.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Yes it will run, quite well in fact. It will actually run on the last 3 generations (from the GT330m onwards) as long as your GPU has 512MB of RAM.

You will need to use Boot Camp (although apparently it will actually work on wine in OS X if you're crazy enough to try it) - best place to buy it (in my opinion) is Steam.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
JimiJazz

JimiJazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
Yes it will run, quite well in fact. It will actually run on the last 3 generations (from the GT330m onwards) as long as your GPU has 512MB of RAM.

You will need to use Boot Camp (although apparently it will actually work on wine in OS X if you're crazy enough to try it) - best place to buy it (in my opinion) is Steam.
Thanks man. I've looked up the specs before but they can seem unclear to a novice like me. And I am a frequent user of Boot Camp and Steam, so it's good to know everything is compatible.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

No worries, happy gaming. It's one of the best games in the last year.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook G4 Flash Player HELP!! | Issues testing newly installed memory...help? »