New Macbook Air Temperature
    Hey Guys,

Got the Macbook air 13inch 2012,

Just wanted some feedback off anyone else here on the temperature running on this machine. I am running iStats Menu

At the moment I only have Google Chrome open and the Temp is 45c about 5 tabs are open no other applications are open!

Is this the standard heat ? It normally stays around 35 to 45c

any multiple applications then it can get to to around 60c.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Google Chrome has a tendency to be heavy on CPU utilization for me as well. I lived with it for a while, using GfxCardStatus to force the integrated graphics (you don't need to worry about this with a MacBook Air), but ultimately, I ended up switching back to Firefox, which seems to manage CPU utilization better.

45c is nothing. Now, if you were routinely running around 90c, that would be a different story. Remember, the MacBook Air is so thin, everything is very densely packed into the case, so it will have a more difficult time than most notebooks moving air and keeping the temps mitigated.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Last time I actually made the effort to monitor CPU temperatures on my old C2D MB, I was usually hovering around the high 50s/low 60s. I rarely, if ever, saw a consistent 45.

Honestly, you'd be best not to get paranoid about the temperatures. Computers are designed to dissipate the relatively tremendous amount of heat that they generate. If the temperature ever got to the point where it might cause damage, the machine would shut off.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Yeh I am thinking of switching over to safari or firefox will see if it runs things down abit.

I havent had the fans turn on yet but later this evening I will be running Fifa 12 so could be interesting lol

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Those temps are not bad at all. All the temps on my MacBook Pro at the moment...are 45-63c...and all I'm doing is reading/replying to threads on Mac-Forums. Just wait until I start gaming...the temps will shoot up big time.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Virginia, USA
    15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
    Normal temps. My MB Pro is running between 47-54 degrees C with five tabs on Chrome open, iCal, Contacts, Pages, and Adobe.

Thread Information