New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook A1181 Trackpad Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

taebby

taebby is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I have a black Macbook from around 2006 that had been sitting around with a broken LCD since 2008 or so. I finally gathered the resolve to replace it and it worked out pretty well. I zeroed out the hard disk, repartitioned and did a fresh install of 10.6.8.

I still haven't been able to resolve an issue with the trackpad. It clicks okay but if I do so the left click on my USB mouse stops functioning--it works again if I unplug it and plug it back in. What upsets me is that the cursor doesn't respond to trackpad input whether there's a USB mouse present or not.

Now, as I recall the trackpad stopped working sometime after the LCD broke. I may have found a way to run it with the lid closed so I could run Transmission on it around the clock. This may have been a dumb idea but it seemed brilliant at the time. I will say I can't quite recall if the trackpad broke before, during or after I was doing this.

I've read that power supply could be at issue but I've tried it with 3 prong, duck head etc.

Pardon me if I've given too much information, this is my first post here. I'd really appreciate any insight!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2 Monitors and one macbook | tranfering movies to an SD card? »