Razr Phone and 12" Powerbook bluetooth problems
    i just got a Motorola Razr phone, and i want to connect it to my powerbook via bluetooth so i can transfer files to it. I've had no problems with bluetooth on my computer in the past, i've connected it with a friend's PDA, and i've used it with other powerbooks through bluetooth.

I've read the manual for the phone, and followed the instructions. My powerbook's bluetooth is enabled, and it's set to be discoverable. I go into the phone settings, and enable bluetooth, and following the instructions, i go to the handsfree menu in the phone, and select 'look for devices.' The phone finds nothing.

However, if i go through the powerbook and have it detect devices, it finds the phone (calls it a computer for some reason) but it sets it up. But now if i go to the bluetooth menu, and select 'send file' or 'browse device' nothing happens. What am i doing wrong? I can't figure this out for the life of me.

I had to download a modded version of iSync that had edited script or something to get my computer to recgonize my razr.
    Sorry i cant recall where i got it from it was posted on a phone forum i got from google.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnyckyj
    i just got a Motorola Razr phone, and i want to connect it to my powerbook via bluetooth so i can transfer files to it. I've had no problems with bluetooth on my computer in the past, i've connected it with a friend's PDA, and i've used it with other powerbooks through bluetooth.

I've read the manual for the phone, and followed the instructions. My powerbook's bluetooth is enabled, and it's set to be discoverable. I go into the phone settings, and enable bluetooth, and following the instructions, i go to the handsfree menu in the phone, and select 'look for devices.' The phone finds nothing.

However, if i go through the powerbook and have it detect devices, it finds the phone (calls it a computer for some reason) but it sets it up. But now if i go to the bluetooth menu, and select 'send file' or 'browse device' nothing happens. What am i doing wrong? I can't figure this out for the life of me.
    :spook: :spook: :spook: :spook: :spook:

pixiepurls
    I just turn BT on my phone, then use the computer to do everything. The stupid thing Sync'd up and actually deleted all fo the email address's off my razr. I have no idea why, it was totally odd. I will not be hitting the Sync button ever again.

I still have yet to figure out how to access the internet via my phone via bluetooth, or get the photo's off of my razr!

to get the photos off connect your phone via bluetooth to your power book
    Click the bluetooth icon in the top right corner, click browse device, select the phone and it will let you drag and drop mp3's for ringtones and will let you take and put pictures from your phone or to your phone.
    :spook: :spook: :spook: :spook: :spook:

pixiepurls
    I can sync to my razr, don't do it though! Or be careful, it like deleted all the email address's in the phone. WEIRD!! What I can not do it use my razr's internet.. I wish i could figure it out.

Specs:
    G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
    I have noticed that sometimes I have to restart the phone to make it work properly with the bluetooth.

Also, what carrier are you using? I can give you settings to use the dial up, but it will be different depending on which carrier you use.

Cingular's are as follows. :
    Phone Number: *99#
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    (These are case sensitive)
    and set the phone modem type to : au cdmaOne Bluetooth Adaptor

You enter these during the bluetooth pairing process and then you select the connection in the dial up menu on the computer and tell it to connect.

Thread Information