New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Razr Phone and 12" Powerbook bluetooth problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ilnyckyj

Ilnyckyj is on a distinguished road

i just got a Motorola Razr phone, and i want to connect it to my powerbook via bluetooth so i can transfer files to it. I've had no problems with bluetooth on my computer in the past, i've connected it with a friend's PDA, and i've used it with other powerbooks through bluetooth.

I've read the manual for the phone, and followed the instructions. My powerbook's bluetooth is enabled, and it's set to be discoverable. I go into the phone settings, and enable bluetooth, and following the instructions, i go to the handsfree menu in the phone, and select 'look for devices.' The phone finds nothing.

However, if i go through the powerbook and have it detect devices, it finds the phone (calls it a computer for some reason) but it sets it up. But now if i go to the bluetooth menu, and select 'send file' or 'browse device' nothing happens. What am i doing wrong? I can't figure this out for the life of me.
QUOTE Thanks
blackmagicxx

blackmagicxx is on a distinguished road

I had to download a modded version of iSync that had edited script or something to get my computer to recgonize my razr.
Sorry i cant recall where i got it from it was posted on a phone forum i got from google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilnyckyj
i just got a Motorola Razr phone, and i want to connect it to my powerbook via bluetooth so i can transfer files to it. I've had no problems with bluetooth on my computer in the past, i've connected it with a friend's PDA, and i've used it with other powerbooks through bluetooth.

I've read the manual for the phone, and followed the instructions. My powerbook's bluetooth is enabled, and it's set to be discoverable. I go into the phone settings, and enable bluetooth, and following the instructions, i go to the handsfree menu in the phone, and select 'look for devices.' The phone finds nothing.

However, if i go through the powerbook and have it detect devices, it finds the phone (calls it a computer for some reason) but it sets it up. But now if i go to the bluetooth menu, and select 'send file' or 'browse device' nothing happens. What am i doing wrong? I can't figure this out for the life of me.

:spook: :spook: :spook: :spook: :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
pixiepurls

I just turn BT on my phone, then use the computer to do everything. The stupid thing Sync'd up and actually deleted all fo the email address's off my razr. I have no idea why, it was totally odd. I will not be hitting the Sync button ever again.

I still have yet to figure out how to access the internet via my phone via bluetooth, or get the photo's off of my razr!
QUOTE Thanks
blackmagicxx

blackmagicxx is on a distinguished road

to get the photos off connect your phone via bluetooth to your power book
Click the bluetooth icon in the top right corner, click browse device, select the phone and it will let you drag and drop mp3's for ringtones and will let you take and put pictures from your phone or to your phone.

:spook: :spook: :spook: :spook: :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
pixiepurls

I can sync to my razr, don't do it though! Or be careful, it like deleted all the email address's in the phone. WEIRD!! What I can not do it use my razr's internet.. I wish i could figure it out.
QUOTE Thanks
mblphnlvr

mblphnlvr is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd

I have noticed that sometimes I have to restart the phone to make it work properly with the bluetooth.

Also, what carrier are you using? I can give you settings to use the dial up, but it will be different depending on which carrier you use.

Cingular's are as follows. :
Phone Number: *99#
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
(These are case sensitive)
and set the phone modem type to : au cdmaOne Bluetooth Adaptor

You enter these during the bluetooth pairing process and then you select the connection in the dial up menu on the computer and tell it to connect.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new powerbook wont boot up without ac? wtf? | Possible fan problems »