Specs:
    Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
    Google Chrome Problems! Please Help!
    Hi,

So I've had my Mac for a little over a year now and I have always used Google Chrome without a problem and now all of a sudden I am having two problems with it. The first problem is that whenever I enter a url or anything in the search bar at the top I get the beach ball and it takes a while. The second problem is every time I try to close Google Chrome it doesn't quit so I am forced to force quit it and then it freezes up and gives me an error that it didn't quit correctly. Please help I have no idea why it started doing this.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    You might want to uninstall and re-install Chrome to see if it will fix itself, might be that one of the automatic upgrades messed up something..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    You might want to uninstall and re-install Chrome to see if it will fix itself, might be that one of the automatic upgrades messed up something..
    Already tried that. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Specs:
    I noticed after I emptied my trash it stopped doing it. You think there was a virus or something in my trash? I don't think I had too much trash but I did have some big applications in there too so it may have been a large amount.

Specs:
    Hmm..not sure what connection is there between the Trash and Chrome misbehaving, unless some component of Chrome was in the Trash or something..

Either way, glad you sorted it out..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    Hmm..not sure what connection is there between the Trash and Chrome misbehaving, unless some component of Chrome was in the Trash or something..

Either way, glad you sorted it out..
    Yeah I actually did have something but I'm pretty sure it was an alias. Also before we end this, is it normal that I have the beach ball while launching google chrome?

Specs:
    It is never "normal" to see the beach ball, ANYTIME you see it you've basically gotten a computer that is using all available resources to do that one action and should be looked at further.

As an example, I have never gotten the beach ball on my iMac over the past 2+ years. Not once..

When you start getting beach balls, start up Activity Monitor and see how your memory consumption looks like and what processes you have running using up how much of your CPU resources..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Specs:
    It is never "normal" to see the beach ball, ANYTIME you see it you've basically gotten a computer that is using all available resources to do that one action and should be looked at further.

As an example, I have never gotten the beach ball on my iMac over the past 2+ years. Not once..

When you start getting beach balls, start up Activity Monitor and see how your memory consumption looks like and what processes you have running using up how much of your CPU resources..
    Yeah I thought so. And I'm one step ahead of you haha. I usually have activity monitor opened a lot and when I get the beach ball I have tons of memory to spare. I have a total of 8gb.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Its not just memory but CPU usage as well that will cause beach balling. Take a look at the CPU usage to see if something is using up a lot of CPU resources.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Its not just memory but CPU usage as well that will cause beach balling. Take a look at the CPU usage to see if something is using up a lot of CPU resources.
    I'm not exactly sure where the CPU usage is and if it's good or not but I did restart the computer so it should be fine. I'm getting Mountain Lion today so maybe I will see an improvement. I'm using Snow Leopard right now.

Specs:
    Your activity monitor looks like the image below

Click on the CPU tab on the bottom which is currently selected in the image to see your CPU usage, click Memory to see memory usage..

Be sure to click on the %CPU title to sort by CPU usage..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Thread Information