New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mid 2012 macbook pro 13 usb/logicboard issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zelda88

Zelda88 is on a distinguished road

i have had my macbook pro 13 inch i7 since beginning of july.I plugged in a usb device a week ago and it my macbook pro had an instant death. i got it back yesterday and i tried plugging a new usb device in and it went dead again. i went back to apple store this morning and they just gave me a new one because they said since its not even a month old it would be better to just replace it.

and there other people when i went to the apple store who are having similar problems.

has anyone else heard of this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
'felix'

'felix' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda88 View Post
has anyone else heard of this issue?
Don't know about the logic board but on my Macbook Pro 13" mid-2012 while in windows both my usb ports stopped recognizing any usb devices I try to connect. Seems to know I'm connecting a device, but no matter what it is - doesn't recognize it and nothing comes up.

Bought the MBP in September had been working largely fine-ish up until now, I've only met software design issues/programmer idiocies in windows & osx thus far, but a HW issue is a first.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Silicon Pin from the keyboard | MacBook Pro Won't Boot - Hard drive issues »