New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Some questions about installing an SSD drive on a Mid-2010 Macbook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacBoi

MacBoi is on a distinguished road

Hi. I just ordered the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive and I was wondering what exactly do I have to do to get this running fine on my Macbook? I remember reading somewhere that there were little tweaks you have to/should do for a Mac?

Also, I plan on installing a fresh copy of Lion on this drive. Will migration assistant make everything exactly the way it is on my current HD? Like safari/firefox bookmarks and such?

Edit: I just discovered Mountain Lion has been released. So I will be installing a fresh copy of Mountain Lion on the new SSD, then migrating from Lion on my old HD. Not sure if this makes a difference but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
MacBoi

MacBoi is on a distinguished road

Do I need to also buy an enclosure? I just bought the drive itself. By tweaking, I meant I recall hearing something about trim (i don't know what this is). And also PRAM and another ram maybe? There was also some other things. I don't know what any of these are so I don't know if it's mandatory or whatever?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Headphone output distorted sounding on Macbook Pro | Windows 7 crashing in bootcamp »