Restoring from clone help
    I have a cloned external hard drive. I want to restore it into my new internal hard drive but the external drive won't pass the verification/repair stage during the restore in disk utility and it also wont boot properly as the startup disk (I can still access all the data on it). I then just installed OS 10.6 on the internal drive and restored with CCC but it didn't do an exact clone/restore, it basically did the same thing as if I just dragged everything from the external drive. With the information given, does anybody know of any workaround I can use, I'd greatly appreciate it because this has consumed all my time over the last 48 hours. I'm on a Macbook Pro on Snow Leopard.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    For cloning to be successful, the external drive needs to be formatted Mac OS Extended (Journalled) and under Partition the proper GUID or Apple Partition Map scheme needs to be selected. Then run SuperDuper or CarbonCopyCloner, both shareware programs, to clone the internal to the external which is made bootable in the process. This is cloning and not Restore which is done in Disk Utility.

Then you may select the external under Startup Disk and boot from it.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information