New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Need Your Opinion! MacBook8,1 vs MacBookAir 4,2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mac100percent

mac100percent is on a distinguished road

I've owned 13" notebooks for the since my first black macbook, an currently have a Macbook 8,1 (2.3ghz - i5, 8gb RAM, 500gb storage) and have had it for a little over a year. Im a freelance designer and move about the city a lot, and have been wanting a MBA for a while.

Since, I can't afford much more than a trade for my current MBP, I've found a friend that will give me $950 for my Pro, and was thinking of buying this refurb from apple. Refurbished MacBook Air 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 - Apple Store (U.S.)

i know what i will be losing as far as HD space, GPU speed maybe, and optical drive (which I don't use). I do run photoshop, illustrator and FTp/Coding apps, but that is about as processor intensive as i get.

If the Board as any advice from past or current experiences, that would help me make this decision better, would help tremendously!

I want to slim down, and put more stuff into the cloud and been nice and light and have a fast SSD, but am worried about taking a hit with my use of Adobe CS Apps for Graphic/Web Design.

THANK FOR ANY HELP!

"Good Artist Copy, Great Artist Steal"
Pablo Picaso
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

Be careful, that one has a very small SSD - 128 GB and half as much RAM as you are accustomed to. I just picked up a 2012 MB Air 13" with 2 Gig dual core i7 processor, 8 Gig RAM, and 512 Gig SSD and it is about six times faster than my 2010 15 MB Pro with 2.66 Gig i7, 8 Gig RAM and 500 Gig 7200 RPM HDD. I really treasure the weight difference.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« power adapter mystery | Macbook Opinions Wanted »