2012 Macbook Air - keyboard flex?
    So, I received my 2012 Macbook Air this morning (i5/8GB/256GB BTO), and I notice that there's a bit of keyboard flex. It's not a great deal (barely noticeable when typing, more so when purposefully pushing on the J and F keys).

I'm wondering if this is common for these machines, or if I have a problem. If it's common, then no big deal. It's better than many other machines I've owned. But, I don't want to have a defect that's uncommon for the machine, given how much I paid for it.

I'm of course within my return period, but would have to have to order and wait for another BTO machine. So, if anyone else has a bit of keyboard flex, please chime in. Thanks!

i picked up my CTO macbook air the other day as well and mine doesn't have too much flex...compared to my mid 09 macbook pro...the keyboard on the MBA does feel a bit flimsier...=/ (but i assume it's because the laptop is much thinner)...the only thing that was wrong with mine was my #6 key seems to sit a little lower then all the other keys...and sometimes it sticks...

I have a 2010 Air which has been my primary writing machine for the past year and a half. I haven't noticed any flex over time although a hard press of a key does occasionally cause the laptop to move depending on what sort of surface it is sitting on. I attribute this mostly to the thin size of the computer.

I also believe size is the culprit behind the "flimsier" feel of the Air's keyboard; my old black MacBook feels more substantial when I type but the entire laptop is far bigger as a whole. Miniaturization is tough but Apple does a pretty good job with it.
    Education is life.

Thread Information