New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

hard drive not see by macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sailpeachie

sailpeachie is on a distinguished road

Ok, let me try this question.

I have a Macbook....built in2007. Running Lion. When I try to start up I get the chime and shortly thereafter I see the gray apple and then I get an icon like a no smoking sign....not a a question mark.

I can start up from recovery with command R and I go to Disk utility and run it and is says everything is just fine. However I do not have to option to repair permissions.

I thought I would reload Lion but there is no hard drive to load it onto. I ran an Apple service disk that was bootable...says everything is just fine.

When I quit recovery it asked me to choose a hard drive there is nothing there.

So, what is the problem? Should I reformat my hard drive? Get a new drive? Toss it all away?

Please don't tell me to go to the Apple store: I am an American in China and there is no Apple store.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Combining MacBooks and adding iPad | Macbook Pro Power Button Woes »