New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Stolen Macbook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Luke 007

Luke 007 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

My Macbook pro was stolen and I have iCloud activated on the computer. Fortunately, I can see the approximate location of my macbook because it frequently connects to the internet, and it has been in the same place for the entire period that it has been missing. It's only about 20 minutes away form where I live.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

Yes its tracking via IP addresses. Similar issue happened to us with our iPhone 4 that was boosted from our gym bag at the gym. I was able to see where it was, then it went blank. If someone went through the prefs, deleted your MobileMe/iCloud settings, you'll never see it online again. So it just shows the last position it was online. Really sucks! And its heart breaking. Only thing id advise, is if you do go around the location, don't approach, confront or speak to anyone. Try not to look suspicious, cause you don't know what crazies your working with. And your safety is #1.
QUOTE Thanks
Luke 007

Luke 007 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tip man, safety is definitely #1!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Thats my house ........... jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
Yes its tracking via IP addresses. Similar issue happened to us with our iPhone 4 that was boosted from our gym bag at the gym. I was able to see where it was, then it went blank. If someone went through the prefs, deleted your MobileMe/iCloud settings, you'll never see it online again. So it just shows the last position it was online. Really sucks! And its heart breaking. Only thing id advise, is if you do go around the location, don't approach, confront or speak to anyone. Try not to look suspicious, cause you don't know what crazies your working with. And your safety is #1.

That is some top advice right there...... Nice man

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Bummer. So close, and yet so far away...

I have no advice but wish you the best of luck.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will my 2006 core 2 duo macbook run lion smoothly? | Problems with media stopping and starting »