New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Where can I get an additional power source for my MacBook Pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zeckdude

zeckdude is on a distinguished road

I am travelling to Europe next week and will be travelling on the road quite often. I would like to get some work done during that time. My laptop battery will inevitably run out of power during that time and I would like to carry an additional power source with me so I can get some extra juice when I am nowhere near an outlet.

I have the latest MacBook Pro where the battery is not removable.

Where can I get an additional power source for my MacBook Pro? I don't mind if it is a 3rd party product.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Have you thought about one of the more obvious possibilities...Apple.com?

You can also try e-Bay.

HTH,

- Nick

p.s. Since you will be traveling to Europe...I hope that you have your power outlet adapter kit (for different plug styles & voltages)...for the country/countries you will be visiting.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Hyperjuice makes extra batteries - you either have to cut a Mac power cord or get a Mac Airplane adapter to use it though.
HyperJuice External Battery for Apple MacBook, iPad, iPhone, USB Devices

Edit: To make your mac last longer, turn off the keyboard backlight, turn down the display backlight as much as possible, turn off any wireless you aren't using (bluetooth for example).
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeckdude View Post
I am travelling to Europe next week and will be travelling on the road quite often. I would like to get some work done during that time. My laptop battery will inevitably run out of power during that time and I would like to carry an additional power source with me so I can get some extra juice when I am nowhere near an outlet.

I have the latest MacBook Pro where the battery is not removable.

Where can I get an additional power source for my MacBook Pro? I don't mind if it is a 3rd party product.

Sorry...I just realized that you were talking about a "cordless" additional power source...I thought you meant an additional "plug-in" power adapter.

What "IvanLasston" mentioned was on the mark!

Apologies for my confusion,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help - old macbook pro likes my SSD, new one doesn't?! | Powerbook G4 wont start up - Logic Board or Fan? »