New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook 1,1 RAM upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Michael1974

Michael1974 is on a distinguished road

I wish to upgrade my RAM to 2GB for a Macbook 1,1 667 MHz 2.0 GHz Intel "Core Duo" processor (T2500) and was wondering what the best RAM would be. It will be used as a base for my smart TV to run movies from so that I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging my newer Macbook pro.

What is the best RAM option as I am unsure if it requires 2 x 1 Gb or 1 x 2 gb.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

That machine takes: 2 - 200-pin PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 SO-DIMM for a maximum of 2 GB. That means 2 modules of 1 GB each. Purchase the memory from OWC or Crucial for best results.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1974 View Post
I wish to upgrade my RAM to 2GB for a Macbook 1,1 667 MHz 2.0 GHz Intel "Core Duo" processor (T2500) and was wondering what the best RAM would be.

What is the best RAM option as I am unsure if it requires 2 x 1 Gb or 1 x 2 gb.
In my opinion...there really isn't a "best ram". It's really either compatible ram & incompatible ram. What you really want is ram that works.

You need 2 x 1gig ram sticks (the MacBook has two ram slots.

Either of these guys will get the job done:

- Crucial
- OWC

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Michael1974

Michael1974 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info, I will go with Crucial as that's what I used in my Macbook Pro to give 8gb and it works well.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

the macbook 1(as i still have mine for 7years) is maxed at 2GB so the 2x1Gb is the best you can do. the C2Duo's were able to have 4GB. definitely well worth the upgrade IMO. maxing out RAM is best in older machines and minimal of 4GB in new machines is safe. Nothing hurts to max the ram capabilities in every machine you got!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Serious Problems Installing SSD MBP | MacBook 1,1 Hard drive »