New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Installing MacBook pro hardware?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nameless

Nameless is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have a black MacBook (very old machine). I am wondering if I can upgrade the hardware like the screen, the top case and bottom case. I have a site that sells them (I won't post it since it might be advertising).
Any ideas?
Also is it possible to hook up a larger screen to it? I think it's either 13 or 15 I'm interested in 17" since I need it for graphic design. (perhaps get a bigger case for it). I'm completely new to this so I don't know.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hi and welcome to the forums.
In essence you won't be able to Upgrade per se but you can replace at a cost. The only Hardware that is upgradeable is the RAM and HD. The Black MacBook is a 13 " but there are ways to hook up External Monitors if you like. I have my 13" MBP hooked into my 46" HDTV.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Nameless

Nameless is on a distinguished road

Hi, thank you.
The cost doesn't matter much. I am a very heavy graphic designer, I take a lot of time on the computer for designing (university applications and artgroups) so I would love to replace my current specs with something that can handle hours of usage and many running programs.
I am not really interested in the hooking up part since I own a Mac Pro and already have a monitor with it. I will mainly be using my laptop for outdoors (its summer so I tend to work outside). I would love to replace the screen with something as big as 18" or 17". I read about barebones but I have little, or rather, no clue about them. I am just interested in increasing the performance and the screen size.
QUOTE Thanks
macmacattack

macmacattack is on a distinguished road

You wouldn't be able to change the screen size like that
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP - SSD + HDD + OS X + Windows 7 | mac book pro 2008 »