New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

google chrome or safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chutney26

chutney26 is on a distinguished road

Is it safer to use just safari on mbp or install google chrome as peeps tell me its faster to download data?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Browsers are like anything in life - it's personal preference. They all support modern standards (to differing extents), have security features and offer up extensions. Use the one you like but before you settle on one, give them all a try - they're all free after all.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chutney26

chutney26 is on a distinguished road

ok just thought that google chrome would be more prone to viruses than safari?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

How so?

Browsers themselves are not susceptible to viruses but can certainly be the vehicle through which viruses infect a machine. The issue with malware on the web is not so much the browser but the sites you visit. Most browsers make use of something like Google' Safe Browsing Service to warn you of malicious sites but no browser is perfect.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Mac.Man

Mac.Man is on a distinguished road

I'm a fan of Firefox myself. I prefer it over Chrome and Sarfari. It's all personal preference as vansmith said..
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

I'm a huge fan of Chrome and was especially pleased when it recently became available for iOs devices as well. I use it on both of my Macs, my iPad and my iPhone and a dreaded Windows PC as well. It claims to be more secure than other browsers, that remains to be seen. It is most definitely much quicker than Safari or MS IE for that matter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mac book pro 2008 | RAM slot in 2006 White MacBook »