New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

RAM slot in 2006 White MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

druryj97

druryj97 is on a distinguished road

Hi, my MacBook from 2006, intel core 2 duo, is currently running on 512 mb of RAM, can any one send me a link of a place to buy Mac compatible RAM or maybe if i have a problem with my secondary RAM slot where i can get it fixed in the UK.
thanks,
jdrury97
QUOTE Thanks
techiesteve

techiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of lighttechiesteve is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz, MacBook 2.16 GHz, iPhone 5

The Late 2006 Core 2 Duo can take 3GB, Apple suggests 2GB as the higher capacity RAM wasn't available when they produced the spec.

Kingston and Crucial RAM are both good, and available in the UK. If using Kingston their P/N's are KTA-MB667/1G and KTA-MB667/2G. This is DDR2 667 MHz PC5300s RAM.

Crucial ship free, also have life time warranty, and can be found at RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com/uk.

What makes you think a memory slot may be faulty? Your Macbook should have 2 256MB SO-DIMMs fitted from new. If you did have a memory slot issue, you would need a replacement logic board.

Steve Bell
UK
QUOTE Thanks
druryj97

druryj97 is on a distinguished road

thanks , we tried crucial RAM before, it caused the three beeps, i'll check again, i my have bought the wrong RAM model, thanks again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« google chrome or safari | Problem fan socket »