New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Acquired a PowerBook 180...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chocolate_

chocolate_ is on a distinguished road

I found a PowerBook 180 in my grandmother's garage, and made this account just to ask what I should do with it.

I'm a programmer, so it can really be anything. I just don't know what it can do.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

That was a pretty good machine for its day. It was introduced in late1992 but discontinued in May of '94.

If you have the 180c it is capable of color graphics. The max. screen resolution was 640 x 480 with 4 MB memory standard and 14 max. It could take Operating systems from Mac OS 7.1 to 7.6.1 if the info I found is correct.

There are versions of Microsoft Office that ran on this machine if I remember correctly. Its a bit slow though with a 30 MHz processor.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chocolate_

chocolate_ is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately no color graphics on this one.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

He must have a 180 then without the c. I have the 170 which is pretty similar and B&W. Great machine for it's time but nothing much you can do today besides word processing and other similar stuff. I was able to surf the web WAY BACK with Netscape Navigator 3 but that will get errors on any modern site. Mine still works great and is maxed out, but not much you can do today with it.
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Seems like you have a new decoration :-D
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem Installing New Ram on a Macbook Pro | Is it a good idea to get a DVD drive cleaning disc? »