Applecare Expectations
    Hi,

I'm getting frustrated with Applecare and I wondered whether my expectations are too high. My 18 month old MBP (late 2010 model) started crashing regularly - just going dead whilst using it. I have to hard reboot to get it back again. It's got worse - typically crashing 2 or 3 times a day. I've got pretty good at saving work regular I can tell you :-)

The matter has been with Applecare for nearly 6 weeks now - being escalated to various - more senior - support people. They are always polite and professional, but can't figure out what the problem is. The results of a diagnostic test have been with software engineers for nearly 2 weeks now.

Like for a lot of people here, my MBP is my full-time professional tool. My question is, 'how long should I have to put up with this issue - which is costing me work and money - before Apple resolves this one way or the other. I thought that 1800 for the machine and nearly 300 for the support agreement would not lead to me having such an elongated outage.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Regards

Chris

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    If this issue has really been in the solution searching stage for 6 weeks...I think that it's time you "kicked things up a level"...and write a detailed but friendly as possible note directly to someone at Apple headquarters.

Obviously the "local folks" aren't getting the job done.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thanks for the response, Nick.

It will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I have a case officer (my term); so if I hear nothing in 24 hours I'll ask him how I can escalate this.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    If this issue has really been in the solution searching stage for 6 weeks...I think that it's time you "kicked things up a level"...and write a detailed but friendly as possible note directly to someone at Apple headquarters.

Obviously the "local folks" aren't getting the job done.

- Nick

Just got a call from Apple, who have ID'd a graphics card issue - appointment booked at Genius Bar for tomorrow.

Chris

Thread Information