chrisb2999
    Applecare And The Keyboard
    I recently took my ibook into the apple store to get one of the latches repaired on my ibook. I was removing the keyboard for the first time and the left latch sprung and snapped off. Upon getting to the genius bar they told me that there was nothing they could do. This just doesn't seem right for a $250 coverage? what do you think?

Specs:
    rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb2999
    I recently took my ibook into the apple store to get one of the latches repaired on my ibook. I was removing the keyboard for the first time and the left latch sprung and snapped off. Upon getting to the genius bar they told me that there was nothing they could do. This just doesn't seem right for a $250 coverage? what do you think?
    check your service agreement... if you work on your own computer (i.e. removing the keyboard) it might be a violation of the terms, meaning they won't fix anything that breaks as a result of your meddling.
    "Luck favors the prepared"

chrisb2999
    Note to self: If you ever have a problem with ur mac, don't take it to the applestore, call apple.

I just got off the phone with service support and a brand new keyboard should be arriving here in 2-3 business days. Free of Charge

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb2999
    Note to self: If you ever have a problem with ur mac, don't take it to the applestore, call apple.

I just got off the phone with service support and a brand new keyboard should be arriving here in 2-3 business days. Free of Charge

awesome!!!!

Thread Information