New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mouse not detected on Macbook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Prasid

Prasid is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 Macbook Pro. 13 inch. 4 Gigs Ram. Core i7. 750 GB HD.

I own a Macbook Pro. Bought it last month. 2011 version. Neither a USB mouse nor a Bluetooth Mouse is detected. I have A LOGITECH USB mouse and an ACER bluetooth mouse and both are Mac OS X compatible. What should I do? Is there a thing that only Apple mice are supported?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Any USB mouse should be detected. There may be some BT devices that are not compatible but that would be unusual. It sounds like you're having difficulties with your new MBP, first with the shocks it's giving you, and now with it not being able to detect the mouse.

I would think it's time to take the machine to Apple and let them resolve the problems or swap it for a new one.
QUOTE Thanks
Prasid

Nope!
I took it to the service center. They said the new OS X Lion sopports only Apple mice. My Logitech and Acer mice were not detected in the store's Mac. So I guess hard luck for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Prasid

One question though.
If I install Widows in my Mac, will it solve the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
xdunlapx

xdunlapx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,

I find that hard to believe that Lion only supports apple mice. Do you have written proof of that? I say they are just saying that to make it so they don't have to troubleshoot.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Recognizes a $10 microsoft mouse here. I would say the person who told you that only Apple mice were supported.. didin't know what they were doing, or didn't feel like pursuing the issue.

Or.. since your mice didn't work on their systems, can't provide direct support for THOSE two mice. DO they actually work on any systems?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Prasid

I downloaded A mouse driver pack called SteerMouse. Now my USB mouse is working but my Bluetooth mouse is not.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Broken Optical Drive and HFS Volume Needs Repair | My MacPro keeps losing the WiFi network.. »