New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro Battery and tools

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jb7893

jb7893 is on a distinguished road

Hello

I have a 15-inch Mid 2009 unibody Macbook Pro with a failing battery. I went to the apple store in grand central and bought a Macbook Pro 15-inch rechargeable battery. The sales person there said it would be easy to install and that it was the correct model. So I went home and opened up the back of my computer with a #0 Philips bit screwdriver. I found that I also needed a 1.5mm pentalobe screwdriver to remove the battery. I was then told to follow the instructions on ifixit.com,

Installing MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2009 Battery - iFixit

These instructions make sense to me but I had a few questions. Will the battery I bought work or do I need to buy a new one? The battery in my computer definitely looks different but if the new one fits and works than I would like to go with the one I already bought. My second question relates to the tool I need to get, a 1.5mm pentalobe screwdriver. Is there a store that sells these? I have checked the most of the computer stores in my area but I will be in New York City at the end of the week. I know I can find them online but I would prefer to find one in a store. What stores in New York City would carry this screwdriver?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading my long message.
Jack.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Slow computer | MBP memory »